A night under the stars for charity
HERE come the girls – and they are about to step out for charity.
They are set to go on a night time ramble in aid of the Garden House Hospice in Letchworth GC.
The charity’s community fundraiser, Tina Fletcher, said: “Thank you to the ladies of Sainsbury’s Letchworth for supporting our Starlight Walk 2010 - every penny raised helps towards specialist care of patients and loved ones.”
She added: “It’s not too late to register and be part of this special evening and make a difference.”
Garden House is inviting 500 ladies to take part in a 10 or six-mile sponsored walk leaving from the North Herts Leisure Centre in Letchworth GC at midnight tonight (Saturday).
You may also want to watch:
“The walk will surround the hospice with support by taking our ladies on a circular route around Letchworth,” said Tina.
“Please join us on this very special night to walk in memory of a loved one, for a fitness challenge, or just to have fun in your wackiest fancy dress.
- 1 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 2 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 5 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 6 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 7 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 8 Do you recognise these people?
- 9 Drugs, weapons and cash recovered as man arrested in Beds village
- 10 Have your say on parking restriction plans
“Whatever your reason every penny you raise will make a difference and help us to continue to provide specialist care for the people of our community.”
Registration is only �15 and there is no minimum sponsorship. Every walker will receive a Starlight Walk T-Shirt, refreshments, a well deserved medal and thank you bag.
And every walker will be invited to a Champagne and Canap� Awards Evening on Friday, October 15 at Specialist Cars Stevenage. There will be a prize draw for returned sponsorship forms.
Prizes include a BMW for a week, a BMW Z4 for a week and a Champneys spa day for two generously donated by Specialist Cars and Champneys Henlow.
There will also be the presentation of a framed photo for the wackiest fancy dress.