A night under the stars for charity
HERE come the girls – and they are about to step out for charity.
They are set to go on a night time ramble in aid of the Garden House Hospice in Letchworth GC.
The charity’s community fundraiser, Tina Fletcher, said: “Thank you to the ladies of Sainsbury’s Letchworth for supporting our Starlight Walk 2010 - every penny raised helps towards specialist care of patients and loved ones.”
She added: “It’s not too late to register and be part of this special evening and make a difference.”
Garden House is inviting 500 ladies to take part in a 10 or six-mile sponsored walk leaving from the North Herts Leisure Centre in Letchworth GC at midnight tonight (Saturday).
You may also want to watch:
“The walk will surround the hospice with support by taking our ladies on a circular route around Letchworth,” said Tina.
“Please join us on this very special night to walk in memory of a loved one, for a fitness challenge, or just to have fun in your wackiest fancy dress.
- 1 Arrests made after assault leaves victim with lacerations to the head
- 2 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 3 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 4 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 5 Custodial sentence 'sends strong message' to those carrying knives
- 6 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 7 Hitchin Beer and Cider Festival in pictures
- 8 Ambulance called to crash between motorcycle and van in Stevenage
- 9 Hospice volunteers mark Churchgate Day on the catwalk with vintage fashion show
- 10 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
“Whatever your reason every penny you raise will make a difference and help us to continue to provide specialist care for the people of our community.”
Registration is only �15 and there is no minimum sponsorship. Every walker will receive a Starlight Walk T-Shirt, refreshments, a well deserved medal and thank you bag.
And every walker will be invited to a Champagne and Canap� Awards Evening on Friday, October 15 at Specialist Cars Stevenage. There will be a prize draw for returned sponsorship forms.
Prizes include a BMW for a week, a BMW Z4 for a week and a Champneys spa day for two generously donated by Specialist Cars and Champneys Henlow.
There will also be the presentation of a framed photo for the wackiest fancy dress.