A blind eye to children's behaviour
SIR - I feel compelled to write following an incident witnessed by my husband and I on Monday, August 4. We were standing at the bridge on the river adjacent to St Mary s Church when we noticed two young children aged approximately four and six years who
SIR - I feel compelled to write following an incident witnessed by my husband and I on Monday, August 4.
We were standing at the bridge on the river adjacent to St Mary's Church when we noticed two young children aged approximately four and six years who were standing right on the water's edge which was of concern in itself as there did not appear to be any adults supervising them. Further more, they were pulling branches off the tree and hurling them at the defenceless swan and some young chicks which was shocking and very upsetting.
We immediately went into the churchyard to see if we could find anyone responsible for the children. We noticed a woman with her back to us and approached her to ask if the children were hers. She confirmed they were and we told her what the children had been up to. We were rather taken aback by her response when she said: "That's very informative of you, have a nice day, goodbye."
If you are reading this lady, shame on you, you are very irresponsible. Not only were you compromising the safety of your children but you had total disregard for those poor animals. Make no mistake, if we see this happening again, we will not hesitate to inform the necessary authorities in order that you face up to your responsibilities.
You may also want to watch:
Given this attitude, is it surprising that young children behave in such a way?
NAME AND ADDRESS
- 1 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Have your say on parking restriction plans
- 5 Application submitted for electric vehicle charging forecourt off A1(M)
- 6 Family plea to save eight-month-old pup Ellie
- 7 Colossal bath makes a splash in Hitchin
- 8 Harry in Hitchin? Speculation rises as film crews descend on outdoor pool
- 9 June 21: Will lifting of coronavirus lockdown restrictions still go ahead?
- 10 Do you recognise these people?