£3.5m investment, 26 new jobs: Hitchin’s Premier Inn gets set to open its doors
- Credit: Archant
A budget chain which has been building a new hotel in the centre of Hitchin for months has announced an official opening date.
The Premier Inn in Hermitage Road had been expected to open its doors next month, but now parent company Whitbread says it will start welcoming guests on Monday, August 10.
The firm says that the 60-bed hotel represents a £3.5 million investment and brings 26 new jobs to the town.
The hotel also includes an on-site restaurant, although there is no dedicated parking.
The chain’s new openings manager Alex Bower said: “It is really exciting to be opening right in the heart of Hitchin.
You may also want to watch:
“We have been looking to open in the town for some time, and it’s great that we are now only a few weeks away.
“We will be offering brand new, modern accommodation at an affordable price, which we hope will encourage visitors to the town and help bring tourist and retail trade into the area.”
- 1 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 2 Police hunt wanted man in connection with assault and harassment
- 3 Rapist faces 'considerable custodial sentence' after guilty verdict
- 4 Hitchin teenager convicted of raping three young people
- 5 Motorcyclist dies after crash near Hitchin
- 6 Aerial acrobatics show to be performed in the heart of Stevenage town centre
- 7 Topping out ceremony marks significant progress to new bus interchange
- 8 Fraudster to repay victim £87k more than decade after conviction
- 9 Woman suffers facial injuries in pub assault
- 10 Primary school's Early Years team achieves award for quality standards
Each bedroom caters for up to two adults and two children aged 15 and under and includes an en-suite bathroom, a king size bed; remote control TV with Freeview, tea and coffee making facilities and a WiFi internet access.
Prices start at £39 for a family of four.
The Hitchin hotel will form part of a chain of nearly 700 across the country. There are already two Premier Inns in Stevenage and a new 57-bed hotel is on the drawing board for Letchworth town centre, with public consultation into the scheme held earlier this year.