Person in 70s treated after fire at Stevenage home

PUBLISHED: 14:12 05 March 2018 | UPDATED: 14:12 05 March 2018

A blaze broke out on the first floor of a home in Skipton Close

A blaze broke out on the first floor of a home in Skipton Close

Archant

A pensioner had to be treated for smoke inhalation after a blaze broke out at a house in Stevenage yesterday.

Four fire engines from Stevenage, Baldock and Letchworth went to the house in Skipton Close and firefighters used breathing apparatus to get inside a first floor room where the fire had broken out.

They used hoses to get the fire under control.

Ambulance crews attended and a patient in their 70s had to be treated at the scene and was taken to the Lister Hospital for further treatment.

More news stories

18 minutes ago

A 62-year-old man who admitted a racially-motivated assault in Letchworth has been ordered to pay more than £2,400.

13:19

Two people were injured in a crash involving a lorry and a van between Hitchin and Barton-le-Clay this morning, police have confirmed.

12:01

England beat Tunisia on Monday night with Stevenage’s Ashley Young in the side, but the town has another World Cup representative.

10:29

Amid the chaos on the railways, Conservative MPs yesterday rejected a vote of no confidence in Transport Secretary Chris Grayling. In an exclusive opinion piece, Hitchin and Harpenden MP Bim Afolami explains why he voted as he did.

Most read stories

HOT JOBS

Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Image
Read the The Comet e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up

The Comet weekly newsletter
Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter

Our Privacy Policy