Nando’s not coming to Hitchin – for now

PUBLISHED: 15:25 12 June 2013 | UPDATED: 15:25 12 June 2013




NANDO’S has responded to speculation it is opening a restaurant in Hitchin.

The chain today (Wednesday) said it was interested in the town, but had no site secured.

It follows speculation on Twitter the chicken restaurant would be moving into Dorothy Perkins’ premises.

A spokesman for Nando’s told the Comet: “Hitchin is one of many areas currently on Nando’s radar. We haven’t found a site yet, but as soon as we have more information, we’ll be in touch.”

More news stories

A 55-year-old man has been arrested in connection with an alleged assault on a woman last week in Letchworth – with detectives now appealing for help to find two people who helped her.


A 51-year-old man who squirted bleach into a police officer’s face on a Stevenage doorstep has been jailed.


Bomb threats emailed to schools in Stevenage, Fairfield and other parts of the country are being treated by Herts police as hoaxes, the force has confirmed.

Two men have been arrested following an attempted ram-raid burglary at an off-licence in Letchworth during the early hours of this morning.

Most read stories


Show Job Lists

Digital Edition

Read the The Comet e-edition E-edition

Newsletter Sign Up

Sign up to receive our regular email newsletter